COBAN's Digital Video Management System (DVMS) is a policy-based automation system that helps system administrators focus on overall system performance without getting bogged down in operational details.
Video and Data Access
COBAN's video search function enables users to search videos using more than 20 search criteria fields. If GPS is used, map-based video search and vehicle trace functions provide invaluable information when second-by-second accountability is required.
Videos can be stored and accessed locally or across the entire network when multiple storage locations are involved.
Centralized Solution Management
DVMS allows administrators to configure and manage all of these systems:
- COBAN in-car video and motorcycle systems
- All user and vehicle configurations across the fleet
- Video files plus retention and archival criteria
- Automatic License Plate Recognition (ALPR) system administrator settings, databases, and hotlists
- Interview Room system administrator settings and video archival and retention criteria
- Digital Property Management (DPM)
Digital Property Management (DPM)
- Includes DPM application for COBAN's DVMS
- Interview room videos can be packaged or assembled with external digital files and exported to DVD
- Each individual file can be checked in and out for forensic analysis
- All versions of a file are maintained with an audit trail for complete chain-of-custody purposes
Package all information for a case from in-car video, interview, and digital property into a single case file for export.
Hands-Free, In-Car System Update
System administrators can set up dozens of in-car user templates and configuration options using the DVMS backend software. Settings are pushed to the in-car units each time an officer uploads video. This capability allows departments to manage an entire fleet from a central location. This approach greatly alleviates the day-to-day burden on the system administrator when a change to the department's policy needs to be implemented for an entire fleet.
Policy-Based Lifecycle Management
The system administrator can set up rules regarding the life-cycle management of evidence. Rules can be based on multiple factors, such as event type, retention status, hold request, pending case, etc. Once rules are in place, life-cycle management becomes an automated process, and the system administrator is freed to perform his or her regular daily routine.
Chain of Custody
DVMS provides an easy way to verify the integrity of every video recorded. Each video has a digital signature generated at the time the video is recorded in the vehicle or interview room. After videos are uploaded to the server, all user and system activities associated with each video are logged to the system's audit trail. When the video is exported for offline storage or for judicial purposes, the audit trail can be exported along with the video, if needed.